FIND A SPECIAL NEEDS CAREGIVER JOB NEAR YOU
Special needs jobs in Canada
Someone to look after my 4 years old son with Austism
Aide ,à ses besoins
The advantages of special needs caregivers jobs
A job that fits your schedule!
Looking for a daily job or just 2-3 days a week? Are you only available 2 hours a night? With SOSgarde, you are free to choose the job that best suits your desires and aspirations.
A rewarding special needs caregivers job close to home!
There's no better way to connect with the people you're helping than in close proximity. With SOSgarde, you can work close to home and help those in need. Find a job that suits your needs.
Find a job that suits your needs
Three steps to finding the right special needs caregiver job
Register to see the job offers
The first step is to register on the platform to have access to the different special needs job offers. You will be spoilt for choice.
Contact the family whose job offer interests you
Once you have made your choice, apply to the job and wait for the family to contact you.
Discuss your expectations with the family and make a good impression. The job will be yours! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us!
Find Job Offers Near You
HELP TO FIND A SPECIAL NEEDS CAREGIVER JOB
- Assisting with daily living activities, such as bathing, dressing, grooming, and eating.
- Providing companionship and emotional support.
- Administering medications and treatments as prescribed by a doctor.
- Assisting with mobility, including the use of mobility aids, such as a wheelchair or walker.
- Helping with communication, such as using sign language or assistive technology.
- Assisting with light housekeeping and household management, such as laundry and meal preparation.
- Monitoring the individual's health and reporting any changes to a healthcare provider.
- Taking the individual to medical appointments and providing transportation as needed.
- Helping with physical therapy or other rehabilitation exercises.
- Encouraging the individual needing special care to participate in leisure activities and engage in the community.
- Education: Some employers might need the applicant to hold a high school diploma or its equivalent, while others may prefer them to have gone to college for an associated field such as healthcare or special education.
- Experience: Having some prior experience with caregiving, either paid or as a volunteer, is often a must, especially if the individual has complex medical or behavioural needs.
- Training: Knowing basic first aid, CPR, and similar healthcare related skills, and being informed about particular care techniques for people with special needs is generally a requirement for families needing a special needs caregiver.
- Background check: To guarantee the safety of the individual with special needs, a criminal background check is often necessary.
- Physical ability: Caregiving for individuals with special needs can be physically demanding.
- Compassion and empathy: It is imperative to have an understanding and a capability to respond to the emotional requirements of special needs individuals.
- Patience and understanding: Special needs caregivers should be patient and have a comprehension of the individual's needs, particularly if they have behavioral or communication difficulties.
- Good communication skills: Caregivers must be able to communicate effectively with the special needs individual they care for, their family, and healthcare providers.
- Physical and emotional stamina: Special needs caregiving can be physically and emotionally draining, so caregivers ought to be able to handle the pressure and sustain their energy and concentration.
- Flexibility: Caregivers must be capable of adjusting to changes in the individual's needs and schedules.
- Attention to detail: Caregivers must pay attention to the small details to ensure the individual's safety as well as health and well-being.