SOSgarde is a service offered by Agent White Inc., a company domiciled at 19 Donegani, CP 145, Pointe Claire, QC, H9R 2V6, Canada (« SOSgarde », the « Company », « We » or « Us »), respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
SOSgarde offers an online platform to connect individuals offering babysitting services (« Candidates ») and individuals requiring child care services (« Families »).
This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to your personal data, in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
La présente politique décrit :
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal data of our customers and website users ("you").
- Describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://sosgarde.ca (our "Platform").
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
- Your rights concerning your personal data.
We will only use your personal data in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal data that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
Privacy laws generally define "personal data" as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- On this Platform.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Platform.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Platform, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Platform.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices for collecting, processing, and storing your information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Platform. By accessing or using this Platform, you indicate that you understand, accept, and consent to the practices described in this policy. This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Platform after we make changes indicates that you accept and consent to those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates. When we are able to, we will notify you in advance of any material changes to this policy and obtain your consent to any new ways that we collect, use, and disclose your personal data.
Agent White Inc.
19 Donegani, CP 145
Pointe Claire, Québec,
H9R 2V6, Canada
Email : [email protected]
Amazon Web Services Inc.
7335 boulevard de l’Acadie,
H3N 2V7, Canada
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- Personal Information that we may reasonably use to identify you directly or indirectly, including your full name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, availability and Candidate application and criminal history, your requests on the Platform, languages you speak, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your username or other similar identifier (including your social media profiles), your age, gender, billing and account information, and any other identifiers we may use to contact you ("Personal Information" or "Your Data").
- Your contextual data, including your interactions with our social networks, sites visited before you arrived on our Platform.
- We offer any user the ability to unsubscribe from our newsletter, cookies, or to no longer be contacted for marketing purposes, by using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our emails or by sending an email to [email protected].
- Non-personal data, which does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or relate directly to an identifiable individual, such as demographic information or statistical or aggregate data. Statistical or aggregate data does not directly identify a specific individual, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregate data from Personal information.
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
Our legal basis for the processing your information is the following:
- Based on your consent.
- When it is needed to fulfill our legal obligations.
- When it is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us or prior to entering such at your request.
- When needed to safeguard the vital interests of yourself or a third-party.
- When based on a legitimate interest, such as:
- To ensure the security of the Platform, its network and information.
- To prevent fraud.
- For commercial prospecting operations with you.
- For internal administrative management purposes.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, chat or otherwise.
- User contributions. You may also provide information for us to publish or display on some Platform areas or transmit to other Platform users or third parties.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Platform. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners or third-party apps.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Platform may include:
- Data that you provide by filling out forms on our Platform, interacting with our Platform or communicating with us and other users of the Platform. This includes data provided when you register to use our Platform, subscribe to our service and request additional services, update your profile or make requests. We may also request data from you when you report a problem with our Platform.
- Account information that you provide us when completing your user account, such as name, surname, email and password.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys we may ask you to complete for research or improvement purposes.
- Details of transactions you make through our Platform and the fulfilment of your orders. You may be asked to provide financial data before placing an order through our Platform.
- Your profile data, favorites and search queries on the Platform.
- If you consent, and on an optional basis, proof of identity and qualification. Once approved, the documents are permanently deleted and you get a certification of your profile information.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on areas of the Platform or transmitted to other users of the Platform or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Platform with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your User Contributions.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH COOKIES AND OTHER AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- Details of your visits to our Platform, including your interactions with it, traffic data, connection data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources you access and use on the Platform.
- Data about your mobile devices and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Data about you that is publicly available on the Internet.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal data we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Platform according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Platform.
- Target you with relevant marketing messages on this and other third-party Platforms.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Platform may use locally stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Platform. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings used for browser cookies. To learn more about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Our Platform pages and emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that allow the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, how they interacted with them, and other statistics related to the Platform (e.g., recording the popularity of certain Platform content and verifying system and server integrity).
We use cookie information for the following purposes:
You can opt-out of several third party ad servers’ and networks’ cookies simultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada or an opt-out tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative. You can also access these websites to learn more about online behavioral advertising and how to stop websites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they are used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Nous utilisons les données que nous recueillons sur vous ou que vous nous fournissez, y compris tout renseignement personnel:
- To present you with our Platform and its contents.
- To ensure the safety and security of the Platform.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or which were described at the time of collection, or any other purpose for which you provide the information.
- To provide you with notices regarding your account or subscription, including expiration, payment, service updates and renewal notices.
- To fulfill our obligations and enforce our rights under any contract with you, including for billing and collection purposes or to comply with legal requirements.
- To inform you of changes to our Platform or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To improve our Platform, our products or services, our marketing or our customer relationships and experiences.
- To allow you to participate in interactive, social media or similar features on our Platform, including our messaging or chat.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to provide you with relevant advertising.
- In any other manner that we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile, use the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails or e-mail us at [email protected].
We may use the data we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. While we will not disclose your personal data to third parties for these purposes without your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a purchaser or other successor in the event of a merger, assignment, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of all or a portion of Agent White Inc.'s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by Agent White Inc. about our customers and users is one of the transferred assets.
- To subcontractors, service providers and other third parties that we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine service providers that help us improve and optimize the Platform) who are contractually bound to keep personal data confidential, to use it only for the purposes for which we provide it to them, and to treat personal data according to the same standards as set forth in this Policy.
- To our franchisors, where applicable, for the purpose of providing you with warranty, financing and confirming the sale of equipment.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal data:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Agent White Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION
We may transfer personal data that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Platform improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal data confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal data with the same standards set out in this policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal data in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal data through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Québec or Canadian privacy legislation.
By submitting your personal data or engaging with the Platform, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
DETAILS ON THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES
Your personal data is processed for the following purposes using the following third-party services. If you would like more information about the third parties that process your personal data, please contact our Privacy Officer at: [email protected].
We share your personal data with a variety of third-party service providers to assist us with client insight analytics.
Where your personal data is completely anonymized, we do not require a legal basis to use it as the information will no longer constitute personal data that is regulated under data protection laws.
Where your personal data is not anonymous, it is in our legitimate interests to use your personal data in such a way to ensure that we provide the very best products and services to you and our other clients.
We use third-party service providers to help us process customer payments. These service providers include Bambora and PayPal.
It is in our legitimate interest to use your personal data to ensure a smooth transaction when you purchase our products and services.
We use third party service providers to help us present the Platform for you to navigate.
It is in our legitimate interest to use your personal data in this way to ensure that we provide you with a means of accessing online products and services.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Third Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal data with non-affiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you do not need to opt-in. If you have already opted in, you may opt out by logging into the Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by unchecking the appropriate boxes or by sending us an email indicating your request to [email protected].
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you have opted in to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected].
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of several third party ad servers’ and networks’ cookies simultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada or an opt-out tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
SOSgarde complies with the requirements of the Canadian Anti-Spam Act (CASL). The User understands that he/she may expressly or tacitly consent to receive messages from SOSgarde.
To unsubscribe from our electronic communication mailing list, simply click on the "Unsubscribe" button at the bottom of our electronic mailings. Please note that each time we send you an e-mail, we give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
The security of your personal data is very important to us. We take physical, electronic and administrative measures to protect your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. To ensure the security of your personal data, we use the following security measures:
- Local, major and well protected host
- Monthly upgrades
- Constant monitoring by our IT teams
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Platform like message boards, which any Platform visitor can view.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING OR PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not process any personal data in an automated manner, and we do not use your personal data for automated decision making.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 14
Our Platform is not intended for persons under the age of 14. No person under the age of 14 may provide data to or on the Platform without parental consent. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 14. If you are under 14, do not use or provide data on this Platform or on or through any of its features. Do not register on the Platform, make purchases through the Platform, use the interactive or public comment features of this Platform or provide us with any information about yourself, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or username that you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received personal data from anyone under the age of 14 without their parent's consent, we will delete that data. If you believe that we may have data from or about someone under the age of 14, please contact us at [email protected].
Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- The right to access;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to erasure;
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to object to processing;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- The right to withdraw consent.
You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided at cost, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
In some circumstances you have the right to the deletion of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law; the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and the personal data have been unlawfully processed. However, there are exclusions of the right to deletion. The general exclusions include where processing is necessary:
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal data you may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal data that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal data except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may charge you a fee to access your personal data, however, we will notify you of any fee in advance.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal data that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal data anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal data, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal data, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include:
- Information protected by solicitor-client privilege.
- Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
- Information that is about another individual that would reveal their personal data or
- confidential commercial information.
- Information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected].
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal data, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at [email protected]. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND COMPLIANCE
By email at :
By regular mail at :
Agent White Inc.
19 Donegani, CP 145
Pointe Claire, Québec,
H9R 2V6, Canada
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal data, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information listed above.